[mythtv-users] Unusual Audio/Video lag on an AMD64 3000+

Jonathan Seawright jonathanathome at verizon.net
Wed Jun 6 22:16:03 UTC 2007

Hey all,

Yesterday my MythTV box was working quite well. I could watch HD content with clear sound and the video was almost perfect (some interlacing problems... but that's another story...)

Anyway, I scheduled a bunch of tasks, and now there is a lot of AV lag during playback (Including SD content!)

Is this just because the backend is overloading the computer? It's awfully strange behavior. I am using XVMC, and I"ve tried all the different modes with no change in playback.

Also, at times when I try to go to a channel in the program guide... the computer freezes and I have to do a hard reset.

If you have any suggestions on what the problem may be... that would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Jonathan Seawright