[mythtv-users] recording defects?

norman norman at littletank.org
Wed Jun 6 15:37:45 UTC 2007

My main reason for mythtv is to be able to record and play television
programmes which otherwise I would miss. I have an old television set
(about 8 years old) and a new DVD player. When I play recordings that I
have made the quality is not as good as I want. There are frequent,
random, small rectangles of various colours occurring. I am using DVD-R
blanks. Oddly enough, when I play a recording on a combined
television/DVD player, probably about 2 years old, results are
excellent.

Thus I have a need to seek out the problem with my set up of new DVD
player and old television. Are the defects I am seeing due to the old
television set or the new DVD player. I would appreciate any suggestions
that may be forthcoming.

Norman