[mythtv-users] "NV17 Video Overlay" Gone!

Nick Bartos spam1002 at 2thebatcave.com
Sun Jun 3 18:27:26 UTC 2007

When doing xvinfo I no longer get a "NV17 Video Overlay" adaptor.  This
happened when I upgraded my distro (to fedora 7 with a newer version of
xorg, 7.1).  And now my video output sucks!

It comes back if I use the nvidia 7185 drivers, but those cause
mythfrontend to crash regularly so I can't use them.

It worked using nvidia 8xxx and 96xx drivers on my old setup (ubuntu 6.06,
xort 7.0), but now the newer drivers don't show that adaptor.

Now mythfrontend reports using "NV17 Video Texture", which does not work
well.

I'm using an nvidia geforce 4000 mx (also tried a 5xxx card, but the same
problem).

Any idea how to get this working again without downgrading distributions
to get an older version of X?