[mythtv-users] Hooking up Cox Cable (Arizona) to PVR250 - No Picture

Jeremy Hannah jnhannah at cox.net
Sun Jun 3 18:26:31 UTC 2007

I was wondering if anybody might be able to help me with a problem I am
experiencing.

I am using the latest version of MythTV 0.20a.

I am using a Hauppauge PVR250 card in my PC. My cable input is connected
via a splitter to my PVR Card. The other connection goes to my cable
modem.

MythTV works pretty well, although I have noticed some minor bugs like
the advertisements not being blocked. However, for my purposes, I am
able to both watch TV as well as record the shows I need to record, as
long as they are on the cox cable channels that I do not need the cable
box for.

This weekend I moved my PC into the living room to see if I could hook
up the Cox cable box (Scientific Atlanta 3250) to my MythTV PC. I was
not able to get any signal at all.

The cox cable box works just fine with my normal TV and receiver, so I
know that there are no problems there.

So I can only guess that I am doing something wrong or have a wrong
setting.

I was wondering if anybody could possibly offer me some guidance on what
I need to do, so that I can hook up my MythtTv to the cable box so that
I can watch BBC America!

Many thanks

Jeremy