[mythtv-users] Svn revision 13950 on Mac Mini frontend

Peter Martens petermartens.list at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 21:34:27 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am happily running MythTV svn rev 13950 on a separate backend and a
Linux frontend. I recently bought a Mac Mini (Core Solo) to replace my
existing frontend. I am able to compile an OS X package on my MacBook
Pro (through osx-packager.pl), which runs fine on the MacBook Pro.
When I transfer the package to my Mini it runs, but watching
recordings or LiveTV results in bad video which looks very low
resolution and there is a lot of tearing. Barely inwatchable though.
Looking around for a solution I found one should enable "vector
scaling" on an Intel Mac. I cannot find the the option however (should
be in TV > Settings > Playback, isn't it?). Has that option
dissapeared or is my package not OK?

My questions:

- I should be able to use the package, compiled on a Core Duo, on a Core Solo?
- The Core Solo should be able to deliver good quality video?
- Who can help to debug this annoying problem?

FYI the recordings are PAL resolution (720x576) dvb-c, which play fine
on other frontends. The logs

Many thanks

Peter