[mythtv-users] Svn revision 13950 on Mac Mini frontend

Todd Ignasiak todd.ignasiak at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 14:58:08 UTC 2007

On 7/21/07, Peter Martens <petermartens.list at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am happily running MythTV svn rev 13950 on a separate backend and a
> Linux frontend. I recently bought a Mac Mini (Core Solo) to replace my
> existing frontend. I am able to compile an OS X package on my MacBook
> Pro (through osx-packager.pl), which runs fine on the MacBook Pro.
> When I transfer the package to my Mini it runs, but watching
> recordings or LiveTV results in bad video which looks very low
> resolution and there is a lot of tearing. Barely inwatchable though.
> Looking around for a solution I found one should enable "vector
> scaling" on an Intel Mac. I cannot find the the option however (should
> be in TV > Settings > Playback, isn't it?). Has that option
> dissapeared or is my package not OK?

I'm running 0.20-fixes, so it's not the same..   but in that version it's
under playback:  Setup->Setup->TV->Playback.    It's in the 10th (or so)
page, titled "Mac OS X video settings 1/2". The option is "Use
Vector-enhanced color space conversion".   On that same page is "Scale video
as necessary", which you might want to check if your video looks like "very
low resolution".

I don't have a 0.21-svn backend set up right now, so I can't confirm this on
a newer version.

I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't work fine on a core solo.
The core solo should easily handle SD playback, but might be cutting it
close for HD playback.  My core duo mini handles 1080i and 720p video with
CPU to spare.
Some people have reported scaling problems when using very high resolution
displays, like 1080p.

My questions: