[mythtv-users] OT: Persistent DVB node

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Jul 15 17:46:51 UTC 2007

Razza wrote:
> 2. Why can I only set up 7 dvb cards in Myth? (maybe 8 as I think the
> counting starts from 0) as this will only allow for 4 sources using this
> method
> 3. Is there any way to increase the number of DVB cards Myth will accept?

As far as I am aware there is no limit to the number of dvb cards you
can set up - although there may be a table limit or such buried in the
source, not available to me at the moment to check.

Why do you need so many sources? Are you really in a location that
receives signals from four directions, each with non-overlapping program
lists? My 3 dvb cards all use the same single source definition. Are you
aware that describing multiple sources will cause mythfilldatabase to
pull down the same data once for each source defined (in the UK)?

You don't have to define a source for each card. And do you really need
to record/watch that many programs at the same time?

Mike Perkins