[mythtv-users] OT: Persistent DVB node

Razza ray at brambletree.net
Sun Jul 15 14:25:48 UTC 2007

Nick Rout wrote on 14 July 2007 13:52:
> Razza wrote:
> > Unfortunately the dvb adaptors still load as 0 and 1 as opposed to 2
> > and 3 as expected.
> > HELP!!
>
> Just thinking aloud, is it possibe to run a script after the modules
> have loaded that detects which is what, then sets up some symlinks, so
> that /dev/dvb/adaptor2 is always the DVB-S card and /dev/dvb/adaptor3
> is
> the DVB-T, then use the 2 and 3 devices in your myth configuration.
>
> something like:
>
> IF udevinfo -a -p $(udevinfo -q path -n /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0)|grep
> 01:06
> THEN
> ln -s /dev/dvb/adaptor0 /dev/dvb/adaptor2
> ln -s /dev/dvb/adaptor1 /dev/dvb/adaptor3
> ELSE
> ln -s /dev/dvb/adaptor0 /dev/dvb/adaptor3
> ln -s /dev/dvb/adaptor1 /dev/dvb/adaptor2
> ENDIF
>
> (no thats not in any particular language, just trying to show the logic
> :-)  )

Fantastic, Nick you are a genius! The symlink concept works on the DVB-T
card!
I can't test the DVB-S as we recently moved and the cabling doesn't extend
to the study yet (apparently fixing hanging baskets and the like is
infinitely more important).
Just a couple of questions (read favours)....
1. Can anyone provide an appropriate shell script to achieve this?
2. Why can I only set up 7 dvb cards in Myth? (maybe 8 as I think the
counting starts from 0) as this will only allow for 4 sources using this
method
3. Is there any way to increase the number of DVB cards Myth will accept?