[mythtv-users] Separate video modes for GUI and video

Johan Braeken list.mythtv.users at centerpoint.be
Wed Jan 31 10:28:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a question regarding the seperate video modes for the GUI en
video playback.
It seems to be a very nice feature.

But, is it possible to specify your own modelines for video playback
and make them avainable in the settings screen?
I would like to add 720p, 1080i, etc... to them.

I don't like the interlacing done by MythTV. (I tried them all.)
My TV is supposed to do this very well as it has the Faroudja chip in
it, so I want to sent my TV at least an interlaced signal.
Even better would be sending the mpeg stream unscalled, but that would
be difficult I guess.

So, is this possible to add resolution at this time?
Or is this something for a feature request?

Bestg regards,

Johan.