[mythtv-users] Separate video modes for GUI and video

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 13:59:42 UTC 2007

On 1/31/07, Johan Braeken <list.mythtv.users at centerpoint.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding the seperate video modes for the GUI en
> video playback.
> It seems to be a very nice feature.
>

> But, is it possible to specify your own modelines for video playback
> and make them avainable in the settings screen?
> I would like to add 720p, 1080i, etc... to them.
>

> I don't like the interlacing done by MythTV. (I tried them all.)
> My TV is supposed to do this very well as it has the Faroudja chip in
> it, so I want to sent my TV at least an interlaced signal.
> Even better would be sending the mpeg stream unscalled, but that would
> be difficult I guess.
>
> So, is this possible to add resolution at this time?
> Or is this something for a feature request?

resolutions are controlled by X not Myth, so you would have to define
the modes you want to use there. If you set a 720p and 1080i modeline
you can then have Myth play back videos in those formats at those
resolutions and then choose either of those or a completely different
mode for your menu.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!