[mythtv-users] Audio isn't working in MythTv, but it is in TvTime

Andrew Leahy aleahy at knox.edu
Sat Jan 27 17:31:10 UTC 2007

Rod Smith wrote:
> On Saturday 27 January 2007 00:37, Jason Barnett wrote:
>> I believe my tv card may not do audio encoding, but I do have a cable from
>> my tv card to the line in of my audio card.  Again, I've tested my
>> configuration using TvTime and that both video and sound work fine.  I'm
>> using the saa7134 driver, with options set to card=65 and tuner=54

> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html
>
> Follow the directions there and if it still doesn't work, post back with
> details of what happened.

Having just conquered this problem myself on my saa7134-based card, one
extra step I had to take which wasn't documented in the HOWTO was to run:

v4lctl -c /dev/video0 setattr mute off

After beating my head against this multiple times, I now have this
command set to fire off in my /etc/rc.d/rc.local :-)

Andrew Leahy