[mythtv-users] Basic suspend/restore issues

Edward Coffey edward.coffey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 12:57:05 UTC 2007

Hi, I'm new to MythTV, so I'm sure issues like this have been raised
before, but I can't find any information in the list archives.

I've got a brand-new MythTV setup, using mythwelcome,
suspending-to-RAM rather than shutting-down on idle. The trouble is
that when I power on again, though mythwelcome seems unperturbed, the
backend seems to need a restart before it will respond to mythwelcome
or the frontend.

Also, the module for my USB DVB-T stick (the Compro U500) needs to be
forcibly removed before suspend-to-RAM - if it's not forced it won't
unload as it claims to be still in use, as though the backend isn't
letting go of it before suspend - all this could well be the cause of
my first problem, but being new to MythTV I'm not really sure what to
expect or how to go about debugging it.

My expectation is that the backend should be going to sleep and
letting go of the tuner device before suspend-to-RAM, allowing the
tuner's kernel-module to be unloaded/reloaded by the suspend scripts,
and once the system has resumed the backend should grab the tuner
device again - is this correct, and if so how do I make it happen?

Thanks,
Ed.