[mythtv-users] Basic suspend/restore issues

Leighton Brough brough at baremetalsoft.com
Wed Jan 24 13:48:25 UTC 2007

Edward Coffey wrote:
> My expectation is that the backend should be going to sleep and
> letting go of the tuner device before suspend-to-RAM, allowing the
> tuner's kernel-module to be unloaded/reloaded by the suspend scripts,
> and once the system has resumed the backend should grab the tuner
> device again - is this correct, and if so how do I make it happen?

Your understanding is correct. There's a backend setting for your DVB
devices called something like "Open DVB on demand"... I forget the exact
details. That will make the backend close the DVB devices when they are
not in use.

I also need to unload DVB drivers to suspend-to-RAM, and this works
nicely for me.

Leighton