[mythtv-users] Frontend hangs navigating menus

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Wed Jan 24 10:49:26 UTC 2007

Hi - I have a recurring issue with Myth hanging when navigating round
menu's.  The crashes seem to occur when doing things like changing the
view from browse to gallery or updating the video database.

Myth front and back are on the same machine:

XP3200 Processor, 512mb of ram, Geforce 4000 -

I don't do any recordings (yet) - still use sky plus.

When it hangs - the myth server becomes completely unresponsive,
terminal and ssh sessions hang and I have to do a hard reset of the
server via a power cycle.

I see nothing in the logs.

Any pointers?

Thanks