[mythtv-users] Upgrade to HDTV from SDTV Question, 1.5 year old system

Al B. brekkal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 15:28:24 UTC 2007

Wow, this thread couldn't have come at a better time.  I just finished
setting up a new Myth system with a seperate backend/frontend on Ubuntu
(wow, what an easy install - relatively speaking)   and was struggling with
getting HD to playback smoothly during the football games on Sunday.  I was
originally using the 8776 Nvidia drivers that are packaged in Edgy.  Last
night I upgraded to the current 9746 driver, added the "UseEvents" option,
and now my HD is absolutely perfect.  Thanks everyone!

Also, just as a data point I'm running an AMD 3800 in the frontend and the
CPU is right around 45 - 50% while watching HD.  (no XvMC)  I'm sure I could
have gotten by with a lesser CPU but there was a good deal on the 3800 at
the time.