[mythtv-users] HD-3000 card on slave backend only working locally

Paul Archer tigger at io.com
Tue Jan 23 02:36:05 UTC 2007

I've had a working single-backend setup for a while now, and decided to try
out an HD-3000 HDTV card in what had been a frontend-only machine. After
some false starts, I got the card working and configured under mythtv.
But I'm having three problems:

The smaller problem is that 1080i content comes up with a big magenta block
on the right-hand side. It doesn't cover the image, but does cover the OSD.

The big problem is that I can't see any content from the new card on any
frontend except for the local one. If I record on the local (to the HDTV
card) frontend, I can see the recording on other frontends, but I can't
watch it, and I can't watch anything live on that card from any other
frontend.

I'm also having some skipping/slowdown problems with 1080i content, but I
can hunt that down once the other bits are working.

Thanks,

Paul