[mythtv-users] Hi, i am searching some Nehemia M-10000 II users ...

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 15:15:08 UTC 2007

On 20/01/07, Qeldroma <qeldroma at freenet.de> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> i just want to find some users who use this difficult board like me for
> sharing results and experiences....
>
> In the moment i am trying to run mythtv/gentoo smoothly on a Via Nehemia Epia
> M-II (1GHz) with an Hauppauge HVR-1300 DVB-T-card.
>
> Acutally, i get via Xvmc running, but combined with mythtv i am at about 70%
> CPU-load, what is pretty much. However the system freezes some times...
>
> DVB-T is running, too.
>
> What are you're experiences?

I built my M10000 system about 3 months ago on Fedora FC6.

I compiled the 'fixes' version from SVN and installed the openchrome
video driver (although I  don't think that was necessary because I
think the unichrome hardware is already supported in FC6)

I'm get less than 20% CPU load when playing back standard definition
DVB-T captures using mythtv with xvmc. (about 10% playing the same
file using xine).  70% is the figure I get without xvmc.

I did have some trouble getting mythtv to work properly with xvmc.
Although xvmc was apparently configured right (good messages in the
frontend log and Black&White OSD) it wasn't giving any reduction in
CPU usage.  I discovered that running the frontend as root fixed this
and then, while working to enable "real time priority threads" it
started working correctly with non-root users.

Now it runs sweetly, and I don't have any freezes.

HTH

I'm running a compiled 'fixes' version on Fedora FC6.