[mythtv-users] PDA Transcode: new install feature for pdatranscode.pl

Peter Watkins peterw at tux.org
Fri Jan 19 22:26:09 UTC 2007

Ryszard wrote:

> i've just installed pdatranscode.pl onto my mythbox (so i can convert stuff
> for the psp) and i noticed a small problem (which i just verified with the
> latest version (1.20) i saw online).

> -lavcopts aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=300=aac
>
> should read:
> -lavcopts aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=300;acodec=aac

> i've not tested the output as its transcoding atm, however when i made that
> small change, the lavcopts could be parsed without error.. :-)

Thanks. I assume that should actually be this, with a colon:
 -lavcopts aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=300:acodec=aac

I can't really test this (my mencoder/lavc doesn't recognize the
aglobal and vglobal settings, or the "lavfopts
format=psp:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames" part)

I've uploaded a new version (1.21) with the ":acodec=aac" fragment.
Please let me know if that's not right.
http://www.tux.org/~peterw/linux/pdatranscode.pl.txt

Thanks,

Peter