[mythtv-users] Darn it...

Dustin Jenkins dustin at at88mph.com
Fri Jan 5 19:32:27 UTC 2007

Phil Foxton wrote:
> So I have had my myth box running smoothly for a month or more now (gathering
> up all my torchwood recordings and CSI:Miami) and I finally got the box moved
> up to the attic to get a better signal and to allow my wife and child to watch
> tv whilst doing stuff up there.
> So today I thought "I know, I'll make my main box in the basement into a
> mythfrontend so I can watch progrmas whilst tidying up and stuff....
So just to be clear.  You've moved a back-end myth box into the attic,
which also acts as a front-end.  You then decided to add the PC in the
basement (named bigblue) as a front-end to the back-end in the attic,
sound right so far?  What version of MythTV are you using?  Subversion?
> I made the changes to the mysql database to allow connections from bigblue,
> found I couldn't watch livetv on the box in the basement (but from what I can
> find that is because I am using EIT data, is this correct?)
I assume you saw this (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/EIT), but I
assume it's what you're talking about.  I'm afraid I don't know much in
the EIT area...
> After a reboot Mythbackend didn't start, so I went in and removed the cards
> from the config and re-added them (although they came back as card 1,2 and 3
> when I did this before they came back as cards 4,5 and 6)
> And I now find I can't record ANYTHING and I have lost all my upcoming recordings.
> HELP, is there any way to get my recording ability back with out blasting away
> my DB and starting anew (the seperate FE I can live without for now!)
What happened when you ran mythfilldatabase?  Did it complain?  What
happens when you try to record something?  Does the schedule know about
the recording but nothing happens at 10:00pm when CSI: Miami comes on?
If you start myth-frontend from the command line, what does the output
in the console say?