[mythtv-users] Darn it...

Phil Foxton phil at thefoxtons.org.uk
Fri Jan 5 19:12:08 UTC 2007

So I have had my myth box running smoothly for a month or more now (gathering
up all my torchwood recordings and CSI:Miami) and I finally got the box moved
up to the attic to get a better signal and to allow my wife and child to watch
tv whilst doing stuff up there.

So today I thought "I know, I'll make my main box in the basement into a
mythfrontend so I can watch progrmas whilst tidying up and stuff....

OH DEAR WHAT A DISASTER!

I made the changes to the mysql database to allow connections from bigblue,
found I couldn't watch livetv on the box in the basement (but from what I can
find that is because I am using EIT data, is this correct?)

After a reboot Mythbackend didn't start, so I went in and removed the cards
from the config and re-added them (although they came back as card 1,2 and 3
when I did this before they came back as cards 4,5 and 6)

And I now find I can't record ANYTHING and I have lost all my upcoming recordings.

HELP, is there any way to get my recording ability back with out blasting away
my DB and starting anew (the seperate FE I can live without for now!)

Phil
--
Phil Foxton RHCE