[mythtv-users] lirc issues after vacation

Davey McWatters daveyiv at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 5 16:31:37 UTC 2007

Fred Clausen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Davey McWatters wrote:
>
>> Brad DerManouelian wrote:

>> I'm using ubuntu edgy, and don't have a yum. I tried it with apt-get and
>> I guess the ubuntu repository doesn't have lirc-kmdl for my kernel
>> verison. It says
>>
>> E: Couldn't find package lirc-kmdl-2.6.17-10-generic
>>
>> Any more ideas?
>>

> I really believe that the problem lies with the fact that you don't have
> the appropriate kernel module loaded, try:
>
> # modinfo lirc_i2c
>
> and see if any info is printed. You can also try:
>
> # modprobe lirc_i2c
>
> and see if that works. Chances are that you had the correct module
> before you updated your system but now the kernel module package has not
> been update but your kernel has. But I don't how the lirc kernel modules
> are packaged in Ubuntu. From some light googling, it seems you have to
> compile the drivers from source.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Fred.

I did a modinfo lirc_i2c and modprobe and they both seem to work fine.

filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.17-10-generic/misc/lirc_i2c.ko
cards (i2c stack)
author:         Gerd Knorr, Michal Kochanowicz, Christoph Bartelmus,
Ulrich Mueller, Stefan Jahn, Jerome Brock
license:        GPL
vermagic:       2.6.17-10-generic SMP mod_unload gcc-4.1
depends:        i2c-core
srcversion:     24D5B1AE659A301B1B416CB
parm:           debug:Enable debugging messages (bool)
parm:           minor:Preferred minor device number (int)

Does this give you an information?