[mythtv-users] lirc issues after vacation

Fred Clausen fred at derf.nl
Fri Jan 5 16:25:40 UTC 2007

Hi,

Davey McWatters wrote:
> Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> I'm using ubuntu edgy, and don't have a yum. I tried it with apt-get and
> I guess the ubuntu repository doesn't have lirc-kmdl for my kernel
> verison. It says
>
> E: Couldn't find package lirc-kmdl-2.6.17-10-generic
>
> Any more ideas?

I really believe that the problem lies with the fact that you don't have
the appropriate kernel module loaded, try:

# modinfo lirc_i2c

and see if any info is printed. You can also try:

# modprobe lirc_i2c

and see if that works. Chances are that you had the correct module
before you updated your system but now the kernel module package has not
been update but your kernel has. But I don't how the lirc kernel modules
are packaged in Ubuntu. From some light googling, it seems you have to
compile the drivers from source.

Cheers,

Fred.