Mike Daugird MDaugird at erdman.com
Wed Jan 3 14:30:30 UTC 2007

Message: 18
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 15:55:58 -0700
From: Brian Wood <beww at beww.org>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Gentoo new install

There are of course the "developmental" SVN "releases" but I
generally let the braver souls play with them.

I'm still running 0.19. I firmly believe in "if it works do not fix
it", and I'm coming up on a year of uninterrupted uptime.

I am running 0.18 and it has been working for over a year.

I am building a new box because I want to now dabble in a slave
backend/frontend that is using a serial cable to control a digital cable
box. It seems the two boxes have to run the same protocol to work
together. I am using LVM currently but I had seen on this list that if
one drive fails I won't be able to recover the other drives data. I
liked the "storage groups" idea as it seemed simple from the users point
of view.
Thanks for your help..