[mythtv-users] Mythtv backend has started cancelling recordings

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 3 12:50:07 UTC 2007

Paul Lewis wrote:
> Just recently got Mythtv 0.20 working as a backend with one Nova-T dvb
> pci card. This was working so well, I went out and got another Nova-T.
> A little later, perhaps connected with a 'mythfilldatabase' the system
> has started cancelling recordings, the logs report "Canceled recording
> (Recorder Failed). Would somebody be able to give me a clue as to how
> to fix this problem?
>
> I would also like to run xine as a front end talking to a mythtv
> backend? Preferably using the mythprotocol rather than a nfs share. Can
> this be done?
>
> The main reason I would like to do this is that xine is already on my
> machine and I have limited diskspace which does not permit me to load
> mythtv on this machine as a front end.
>
> TIA
The (Recorder Failed) most likely means there's something wrong with the
installation of the second card, and Myth cannot use it to record. Are
you sure you've got it all installed and working correctly? There are
different versions of Nova-T's out there.. Try running PiP to see if
both cards are working, or scheduling a recording on one card, and try
and use LiveTV on the other and see if that works.

You can just mount the recordings directory and play recordings from
there.. though you won't know what your playing. You could configure
MythWeb to provide you with links to the recordings on a mounted
directory and play with your player of choice. This is only for
recordings, or recordings in progress.

How much diskspace do you have spare? I'm sure the frontend doesn't take
that much up..

Steve Daniels