[mythtv-users] /dev/video0 works UNTIL myth records, video1 works all the time

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Tue Jan 2 16:20:33 UTC 2007

Justin Walther wrote:

>I do have these lines in modprobe.conf:
># ivtv modules setup
>alias char-major-81 videodev
>alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
>alias char-major-81-1 ivtv

These aliases are OK

>Do I not need these?!
>
>About checking that I'm recording at full frame size...I'm a little
>lost there.  I'm basically not touching any recording profile settings
>in myth before attempting to record programs when the card fails.  I
>thought the defaults would work fine.  Another thing to remember is
>that my other card works just fine with whatever settings I have
>setup, including whats in modprobe.conf.

that what i was thinking, and i had unwatchable video. This on a fresh
myth install. Swapped the card (PVR500) with a known working card, and
the problem remained in the new install. Checked the settings, changed
to full frame capture and my problems were gone.
I had problems on both tuners of the 500 though. Still, worth trying...

>I mentioned it at the bottom of my original e-mail about how when I
>set these cards up a few years go, I had to use different options in
>modprobe.conf for the cards despite them being identical.  I can't
>help but wonder if that is somehow related to my current problem.

Perhaps. Looking at your dmesg, i am also missing the eeprom output
lines. Are you certain you have all lines between START INIT IVTV and
END INIT IVTV?