[mythtv-users] /dev/video0 works UNTIL myth records, video1 works all the time

Justin Walther justin at walthernet.com
Tue Jan 2 15:57:02 UTC 2007

I do have these lines in modprobe.conf:
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv

Do I not need these?!

About checking that I'm recording at full frame size...I'm a little
lost there.  I'm basically not touching any recording profile settings
in myth before attempting to record programs when the card fails.  I
thought the defaults would work fine.  Another thing to remember is
that my other card works just fine with whatever settings I have
setup, including whats in modprobe.conf.

I mentioned it at the bottom of my original e-mail about how when I
set these cards up a few years go, I had to use different options in
modprobe.conf for the cards despite them being identical.  I can't
help but wonder if that is somehow related to my current problem.