[mythtv-users] /dev/video0 works UNTIL myth records, video1 works all the time

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Tue Jan 2 15:34:29 UTC 2007

Justin Walther wrote:

>No ivtv error messages in dmesg but I pasted the output below anyway.
>
>Output from uname -a:
>Linux home 2.6.18-1.2868.fc6 #1 SMP Fri Dec 15 17:29:48 EST 2006
>x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
>ivtv:  version 0.8.2
>
>From dmesg|grep ivtv
>
>ivtv:  ==================== START INIT IVTV ====================
>ivtv:  version 0.8.2 (tagged release) loading
>ivtv:  Linux version: 2.6.18-1.2868.fc6 SMP mod_unload gcc-4.1
>ivtv:  In case of problems please include the debug info between
>ivtv:  the START INIT IVTV and END INIT IVTV lines, along with
>ivtv:  any module options, when mailing the ivtv-users mailinglist.
>ivtv0: Autodetected Hauppauge card (cx23416 based)
>ivtv0: loaded v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw firmware (262144 bytes)
>tuner 1-0061: chip found @ 0xc2 (ivtv i2c driver #0)
>saa7115 1-0021: saa7115 found @ 0x42 (ivtv i2c driver #0)
>msp3400 1-0040: MSP3445G-B8 found @ 0x80 (ivtv i2c driver #0)
>ivtv0: Autodetected Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250
>ivtv0: Encoder revision: 0x02050032
>ivtv0: Registered device video0 for encoder MPEG
>ivtv0: Registered device video32 for encoder YUV
>ivtv0: Registered device vbi0 for encoder VBI
>ivtv0: Registered device video24 for encoder PCM audio
>ivtv0: Initialized Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250, card #0
>ivtv:  ======================  NEXT CARD  ======================
>ivtv1: Autodetected Hauppauge card (cx23416 based)
>ivtv1: loaded v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw firmware (262144 bytes)
>tuner 2-0061: chip found @ 0xc2 (ivtv i2c driver #1)
>saa7115 2-0021: saa7115 found @ 0x42 (ivtv i2c driver #1)
>msp3400 2-0040: MSP3445G-B8 found @ 0x80 (ivtv i2c driver #1)
>ivtv1: Autodetected Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250
>ivtv1: Encoder revision: 0x02050032
>ivtv1: Registered device video1 for encoder MPEG
>ivtv1: Registered device video33 for encoder YUV
>ivtv1: Registered device vbi1 for encoder VBI
>ivtv1: Registered device video25 for encoder PCM audio
>ivtv1: Initialized Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250, card #1

Although i see tuner detected messages, i am not seeing any tuner being
set. Also, are you sure you have no ivtv related lines in modconf? There
should be none.

Furthermore, check that you capture at full frame size, and are not
scaling. A known bug in the current driver range (valid on both 0.8 and
0.9 is that scaling does not work. Or at least vbi and scaling combined
result in problems. For safety i would try to set to full NTSC size and
retry.

Rudy