[mythtv-users] shows Expired unexpectedly

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Feb 28 12:56:56 UTC 2007

I realized last night that I lost several episodes of 24 and a couple
others. Worst part is that I had not watched them yet! When I checked
the logs they were Expired because of disk space. I have a 750 gig drive
and it did get down to just under a 100 gig free around the same time
these expired. I've been looking through the setup screens over and over
but I'm not finding what I'm looking for.

Where is the setting to tell myth when to start expiring recordings? I'm
guessing mine is set at 100 GB.

Is there a global setting to have LiveTV recordings auto-expire but have
scheduled recordings NOT auto-expire?

I would also prefer to have auto-expire disabled for new recording
schedules I setup. Is this possible?

I have a lot of recording schedules. Anyone know how I might turn off
auto-expire through sql instead of going to every schedule?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
James