[mythtv-users] problems about MythTV installation and plugin develop on Fedora.

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Feb 28 15:03:38 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 07:24:02 Xi Jiarong wrote:
> I want to develop myth plugin. I have some following problems:
> 1. Which version of Fedora can support mythtv better and adapt to develop
> myth plugin?

Anything recent. I run Fedora Core 6 and/or the current Fedora devel tree
(soon to be Fedora 7) here.

> Because I tried according to the instruction "Installing
> MythTV SVN on Fedora Core 4", but can't install successfully on fedora core
> 4, even fc4 is pointed to be right by that instruction

We (Red Hat -- I work there) dropped support for FC4 around the time FC6 was
released, and similarly, will drop support for FC5 around the time F7 is
released.

> even I also could
> not insall Mythtv on Fedora core 5 successfully via that way.

Should work just fine, dunno what you did wrong. I ran on FC5 for a good long
time myself.

> I also tried
> to download Fedora 6, but the download rate is so slow, and always appear
> erros when to be ended.

Find a different mirror. I can pull ~20Mbps from mirrors.kernel.org (and even
faster from our internal mirrors ;) and don't run into any errors.

> 2. Which installing way would be better for developing plugin. I tried
> installing mythtv svn on fedora, I don't know which way would be easier and
> efficient.

You're best off running svn trunk if you're trying to develop a plugin.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com