[mythtv-users] Mysqld wont start at bootup

Claude Gélinas agr. claude at phyto.qc.ca
Tue Feb 27 05:15:45 UTC 2007

Le lundi 26 février 2007 à 08:15 +0000, Nick Morrott a écrit :
> On 26/02/07, Claude Gélinas agr. <claude at phyto.qc.ca> wrote:
> > After upgrading FC4 -> FC6, mysqld, lircd, mythbackend wont start at
> > boot time. I have to manually start them by hand with the command
> >
> > /sbin/service mysqld start and so on.
> >
> > all three have been setup by
> > /sbin/chkconfig mysqld on etc.
> >
> > I can see that all of them are in the init.d and rc5.d dir and nothing
> > is showing up in the log
> >
> > what can I do to get them started at boot time.
>
> Until you work out what is wrong (problem upgrading one of the
> initscripts packages perhaps?) you can put the startup (and modprobe)
> commands in /etc/rc.local as a temporary measure so they still start
> at boot-time. Make sure to put them in the correct order (mythbackend
> after mysqld, for example).
>
> Nick

I add the following line in /etc/rc.local

/sbin/service mysqld start

and I get the same error message saying that mysqld could not be
started.

once booted I can start mysqld with the same command line in a shell as
root

I need to go deeper to find what's wrong

Thanks,
--
-----
Claude Gélinas agr., dta