[mythtv-users] Mysqld wont start at bootup

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Tue Feb 27 05:35:15 UTC 2007

Claude Gélinas agr. wrote:

> I add the following line in /etc/rc.local
>
> /sbin/service mysqld start
>
> and I get the same error message saying that mysqld could not be
> started.
>
> once booted I can start mysqld with the same command line in a shell as
> root
>
> I need to go deeper to find what's wrong

When you try to start it up, do you see any messages in
/var/log/messages or /var/log/mysqld.log?

What about /var/log/secure or /var/log/setroubleshoot/setroubleshootd.log

One possibility is that MySQL is trying to start before something else
is ready.  You can try renaming the symlink to have a higher number in
it, so it will start later.  Ask me if you don't understand what I mena
though.

Please do:
find /etc/rc.d -name '*mysqld' -ls
And post the output.