[mythtv-users] Mysqld wont start at bootup

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 08:15:35 UTC 2007

On 26/02/07, Claude Gélinas agr. <claude at phyto.qc.ca> wrote:
> After upgrading FC4 -> FC6, mysqld, lircd, mythbackend wont start at
> boot time. I have to manually start them by hand with the command
> /sbin/service mysqld start and so on.
> all three have been setup by
> /sbin/chkconfig mysqld on etc.
> I can see that all of them are in the init.d and rc5.d dir and nothing
> is showing up in the log
> what can I do to get them started at boot time.

Until you work out what is wrong (problem upgrading one of the
initscripts packages perhaps?) you can put the startup (and modprobe)
commands in /etc/rc.local as a temporary measure so they still start
at boot-time. Make sure to put them in the correct order (mythbackend
after mysqld, for example).

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: