[mythtv-users] Sound keeps resetting to low volume

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Fri Feb 23 06:58:36 UTC 2007

MythTV Users,

Every time I turn on MythTV, which I do by executing mythbackend, the
"front" volume in my system volume goes down to about 20% or so.

Watching TV, the volume seems fine. But watching vidoes, the volume is
quite quiet.

Of course, the first thing I did was go to the settings and check the
volume settings, and set both PCM and master volumes to 90%.

But then, next time I opened mythbackend, the volume was down again.

I'm not sure if this the system over riding MythTV, or MythTV is
rewriting my system or what.

All I know is I'd like settings to stay in one place, because it seems
like I'm constantly moving volume sliders up and down and messing with
settings.

Can I get out of this?

--
Dave M G