[mythtv-users] Sound keeps resetting to low volume

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 08:39:23 UTC 2007

On 23/02/07, Dave M G <martin at autotelic.com> wrote:
> MythTV Users,
>
> Every time I turn on MythTV, which I do by executing mythbackend, the
> "front" volume in my system volume goes down to about 20% or so.
>
> Watching TV, the volume seems fine. But watching vidoes, the volume is
> quite quiet.
>
> Of course, the first thing I did was go to the settings and check the
> volume settings, and set both PCM and master volumes to 90%.
>
> But then, next time I opened mythbackend, the volume was down again.
>
> I'm not sure if this the system over riding MythTV, or MythTV is
> rewriting my system or what.
>
> All I know is I'd like settings to stay in one place, because it seems
> like I'm constantly moving volume sliders up and down and messing with
> settings.

Have you turned off using Internal Volume Controls in the frontend
setup? That should result in MythTV just using whatever system mixer
volumes are set and not adjusting them at startup.

If you still want remote control of the volume, you can bind scripts
via irexec to your remote's volume buttons to directly adjust
alsamixer. See Mike Dean's ever useful information on setting this up
here: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/216149

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: