[mythtv-users] LiveTV channel switching time

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Feb 23 06:39:12 UTC 2007

Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 11/20/06, *Andrew Wilson* <migmog at gmail.com
> <mailto:migmog at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     The devs have got other priorities. If I had more time and skills
>     maybe I'd have a go myself, but it seems to be a hard problem to solve
>     or someone would have done so already.  Having said that, it's head in
>     the sand stuff to say that there's not a shortcoming in this area.
>

> Where exactly are people saying there is no shortcomming in this area?
> What I see is people saying it's not a problem for them, it's not a
> priority for the devs, and it's not easy to fix without removing other
> functionality. I don't see anyone saying it couldn't be better. But
> talking about it here is not going to make it better. One of the people
> who find it unusable needs to come up with a patch, otherwise we're all
> just wasting our time.

You (deliberately?) misunderstand him.

Andrew didn't say he was interested in doing this, he said he didn't see
it as a priority. He was merely trying to elaborate on why it hadn't been addressed. He never said or implied that Isaac or anyone else should do this work.

Steve, you're displaying that attitude that sees occassional[sic] but reoccurring[sic] complaints from the developers in this community. Now, there's nothing wrong with the sentiment you're voicing. It's the tone. That tone will discourage people like me from contributing, not encourage. I realize you see an endless stream of feature requests and ideas and few people to do patches to meet your demands, but I humbly suggest that if you can't respond politely in that situation you'd do better for the MythTV project if you didn't respond at all.

Perhaps you were just trying to be funny. But to me it seems like you jumped for his throat for no really good reason, and in a flash. It had only been 4 hours since the very first time this issue was ever raised.

A-hole.

--  bjm