[mythtv-users] Remote control settings for MythTV and Video [SOLVED]

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 18 14:00:50 UTC 2007

On 02/18/2007 08:29 AM, Dave M G wrote:
> I've finally figured out why I couldn't get sound control from my remote
> when playing videos.
>
> Previously, for Mplayer control from my remote, I had placed in my
> .lircrc file the keyboard shortcuts for most commands, and this seemed
> to work. But not for volume.
>
> To make a long story short, I found on the web a reference to running
> Mplayer in "slave" mode, and it had different commands. So I tried using
> those ones for volume. And it worked.

 From the man page ( http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html ):

MPlayer has a fully configurable, command-driven control layer which
allows you to control MPlayer using keyboard, mouse, joystick or remote
control (with LIRC). See the −input option for ways to customize it.

−input <commands>
This option can be used to configure certain parts of the input system.
Paths are relative to ~/.mplayer/.
cmdlist
Prints all commands that can be bound to keys.

(So, run: "mplayer -input cmdlist" to find out what you should use for
LIRC commands. See, also, the documentation:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/control.html#lirc .)

Mike