[mythtv-users] Remote control settings for MythTV and Video [SOLVED]

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sun Feb 18 13:29:57 UTC 2007

MythTV Users,

I've finally figured out why I couldn't get sound control from my remote
when playing videos.

Previously, for Mplayer control from my remote, I had placed in my
.lircrc file the keyboard shortcuts for most commands, and this seemed
to work. But not for volume.

To make a long story short, I found on the web a reference to running
Mplayer in "slave" mode, and it had different commands. So I tried using
those ones for volume. And it worked.

So, instead of "/" for turning the volume down and "*" for volume up, I
now have this:

#Volume Up
begin
prog = mplayer
button = Vol+
repeat = 2
config = volume +10
end

#Volume Down
begin
prog = mplayer
button = Vol-
repeat = 2
config = volume -10
end

"m" still works for mute, though.

The bottom line: for Mplayer, in the .lircrc file, using the keyboard
commands work for some things, and for others, you need to use the
"slave" mode commands.

Hope that's helpful info for others.

--
Dave M G