[mythtv-users] Slow network causes myth to hang?

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Sun Feb 11 16:57:01 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:
> I doubt it would help much if at all.

Really?  I would have thought that V4 would certainly have helped in
this scenario.

> Another thing that  might help though:
>
> If you are not getting maximum signal and therefore throughput on
> your wireless you might think about high-gain or even directional
> antenna(s) to improve the signal level. Obviously this will not help
> if you are already at maximum.

The problem is that my access point is provided by my ISP as we are
ADSL2 and it comes as a feature of the router (the much hated speedtouch
780).

I'm just going to add another access point for myth whcih it can
saturate if needs be and everyone else will use the other AP.

DC