[mythtv-users] 6150 Component output

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 01:27:57 UTC 2007

I just bought a 6150 board with component output and I was wondering
the same thing too.  Unfortunately, you've realized correctly that you
do need to specify the TVStandard and can't switch modelines on the
fly.  The odd thing is that you can specify HD1080i as your TVStandard
and use both 1920x1080 and 1280x720 modes, but both are still at 1080i
timings, so the 1280x720 is just a smaller rectangle on your screen at
1080i, which is extremely odd.  The same thing happens for any res
lower than your TVStandard res.  I suspect it's only an Nvidia driver
limitation.

I had set out to use different resoulutions as well to match my
inputs.  I did some testing of video clips to see if it made a real
difference.  At least with my set, I got the best results using my TVs
native resolution (1080i) and letting the myth system scale and
deinterlace everything.