[mythtv-users] Streaming Myth to a wii

Leigh Jurus jurus001 at umn.edu
Fri Feb 9 18:01:16 UTC 2007

> After a post for suggestions for the wii - a response from Leigh Jurus was
> to use flash on the fly
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2441
>
> I have tried to set this up on my mythbackend. I have a fairly recent cvs
> version of mythplugins , I wasn't that sure how to patch. I used
>
> patch -p1 < stramhack.diff
>
> from within mythweb/modules , I did have to enter the file names, but Im
> thinking it patched ok as there is a new link for the flash player in
> mythweb now.
>
> However , it doensn't seem to work. Looking at my process list ffmpeg isnt
> running. The file mythweb/modules/stream/handler.pl has  ffmpeg command
> inside , it should output to a logfile however this logfile doesn't exist.
> The flash player is present in mythweb/images which I think is where it
> should be.
>
> Pls could someone offer some advice as to where to hunt down problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Here are a few suggestions:

1) I had to manually create the ffmpeg.log file in the root of the
mythweb directory and set the appropriate permissions.

2) The change history posted on svn.mythtv.org references a "print_r in
modules/tv/tmpl/default/recorded.php that breaks the ajax stuff."  The
line of code at issue is "foreach ($All_Shows as $show)
{print_r($show);"  I changed this to "foreach ($All_Shows as $show) {"

3) Make sure that ffmpeg is set to output flash video and mp3 audio.  On
Ubuntu (the distro I use), you have to manually compile ffmpeg with the
appropriate config options in order to get audio playback.

4) I made a few other changes related to the bitrate in order to improve
playback over the internet.  The default settings seem to be more suited
for playback in a LAN.

Hope this helps.