[mythtv-users] Mythtv - xvidix?

José Oliver Segura primijos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 14:53:03 UTC 2007

       Hi all,

       anybody knows a place to suggest/ask for xvidix support in the
internal mythtv player? I used to use mplayer with xvidix to watch
videos (still doing it) and it only eats about 20% of CPU in my box.
Mythtv internal player uses XV (I think) and CPU usage goes up to 35%
aprox. It is good to watch only videos, but if the box starts to do
anything else (serve files via SMB, yum update [yum is very greedy!],
open an X-session from a remote X-server.. or just start a
recoding/commercial flagging), usage can grow till a point where live
tv can suffer and start to freeze (very strange, but it happens
sometimes)

       Best,
       Jose