[mythtv-users] Mythtv - xvidix?

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 15:53:01 UTC 2007

The player only supports uniformly spaced key frames.  xvid has
variable spaced key frames.  I am fairly sure this has been asked for
but is not considered very high priority.  Have a look through the
archive for more info.

Ben

On 08/02/07, José Oliver Segura <primijos at gmail.com> wrote:
>        Hi all,
>
>        anybody knows a place to suggest/ask for xvidix support in the
> internal mythtv player? I used to use mplayer with xvidix to watch
> videos (still doing it) and it only eats about 20% of CPU in my box.
> Mythtv internal player uses XV (I think) and CPU usage goes up to 35%
> aprox. It is good to watch only videos, but if the box starts to do
> anything else (serve files via SMB, yum update [yum is very greedy!],
> open an X-session from a remote X-server.. or just start a
> recoding/commercial flagging), usage can grow till a point where live
> tv can suffer and start to freeze (very strange, but it happens
> sometimes)
>
>        Best,
>        Jose

Ben Edwards - Brussels, Belgium & Bristol, UK
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)