[mythtv-users] WakeOnAlarm still not working

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:07:01 UTC 2007

> >> Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my explanation below but step 1-3
> >> works. Also, I have verified (as explained below) that step 4
> >> writes the content of /proc/acpi/alarm to the nvram but doesn't
> >> actually wake it up.

Are you using/executing the shutdown command anywhere?

If you are replace with just [sudo] poweroff (no parameters).  If I
follow the guides and use shutdown it does not work (it writes to
/proc/acpi/alarm correctly etc) but never starts up.  However if I use
the poweroff command instead of shutdown it works.

No idea why and it has had me perplexed for weeks since upgrading to
[Myth]Ubuntu 7.1 but this solution works for me and seems to have no
ill effects so far for the little time I have been running it.