[mythtv-users] Multi-Standard support

Keith Akins kwakins at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:23:22 UTC 2007

Hello all,

First post, not entirely sure if I'm doing this correctly.

I have a unique situation that I'm hoping MythTV can help with.  I've
recently moved from the US to Europe.  The rf coming out of my wall is a
unique mix of NTSC (AFN channels) and PAL (mostly from Sky satellite
receivers in another building.)  This requires the use of a multi standard
VCR and Multi Standard TV to watch all the channels.

I have not been able to find any multi standard (will accept both PAL and
NTSC) DVR's on the market.  I've thought about building a stripped down box
with a tuner card that can handle both NTSC and PAL.  I've read some of the
documentation online for MythTV and I think you need to set the video input
format in the backend.

Is there a way to let the MythTV box receive both a PAL and an NTSC signal
at the same time, or will I be limited to one or the other?

Thanks in advance.