[mythtv-users] Using one lineup with multiple video sources (was Re: A hope regarding the new SchedulesDirect methodology)

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Aug 23 15:27:13 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> This change allows users who have multiple video sources that record
> from the same provider but have access to different channels to download
> the listings data once and use it for multiple video sources.  For
> example, users may have one firewire-enabled STB or an STB outputting to
> an analog capture card for their cable service but also have analog or
> QAM-capable cards that can only record some subset of the channels
> available through the STB (i.e. only the analog or only the unencrypted
> channels).
Any chance this code could be leveraged for other parts of the world? For
example, I have three sources defined (in the UK), OTA, Freeview (FTA only) and
NTL/Telewest/Virgin cable (a subset). These three get their info from the
uk_grab_rt script. Be useful to just download this once (and unload the Radio
Times servers, which must run in the same way as DD's do in the States).

Mike Perkins