[mythtv-users] Compiling on Ubuntu Feisty - Thankyou

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 16 00:58:28 UTC 2007

Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
> Thanks to all that replied on my issues with compiling on Ubuntu Feisty.
> All is working now (to a point) with a few niggly issues.
>
> I did cheat somewhat and first installed the package version to get all
> the desktop stuff, auto login, auto start etc in place, then went ahead
> and compiled from source. I then moved all the package generated files
> out of the way and changed all the calls to my new compiled version.
> Everything Myth wise is working nicely. Once i get my remote back to how
> I want it and kill off the screensaver I will be extra happy.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Cheers
> Bruce

Not sure what you mean about changing the links. The process you should
have followed is as follows:

Uninstall the package version with your package remover.
Compile the svn with ./configure --prefix=/usr <your options>
Do a make install to install the new version.
Configure themes with the same prefix. Do make/make install.
Configure plugins with same prefix plus your options.
Do make/make install.
Restart the backend and any frontends and you should be running svn. You
will need to manually install mythweb. Read the docs.