[mythtv-users] HD card suggestion? pcHDTV? AirStar HD5000?

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Aug 15 23:46:03 UTC 2007

I will build a Myth box using CentOS 5 (kernel 2.6.18) and I need an HD
PCI card that works well with Linux. It will be used mostly for OTA at
first, but the cable may play a role later on. I will watch some NTSC
analog channels too, at first, either via the Hauppauge analog card that
I already have, or via the HD card if it supports analog.

I want something that Just Works, as few issues as possible.
I'm gonna use the system mostly to record shows and play them back
later. Rarely, I may watch some shows live.
I don't want any interference from the broadcast flag, if it really
becomes an issue.

So now I'm doing research to find out what's the best hardware currently

I am somewhat familiar with pcHDTV and with AirStar, as these are the
oldest PCI cards that support Linux. Would you recommend either one of
Would you recommend something else?

Florin Andrei