[mythtv-users] Ubuntu, SVN, build-dep - problem

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Sat Aug 11 14:08:46 UTC 2007

Well, I am biting the bullet again and rebuilding my box with SVN due to
the fact that I miss all the new toys missing from the Fiesty packages.
I have just upgraded the base op system to Fiesty 7.04 and currently
have a working Myth box based on Ubuntu packages so all my cards,
remotes and other things work fine.

I have done all the usual things like build-essential etc etc and have
now downloaded all sources from SVN using subversion. However, when I
try and run "sudo apt-get build-dep mythtv" I get:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to find a source package for mythtv

I have tried the source in /usr/local/src, /usr/src and /opt/src without
luck. I was hoping to get things going overnight but it doesn't look
that way now.

Can someone spread some light on what the issue might be?