Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 18:34:07 UTC 2007

On 8/8/07, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> Check the archives and the original thousand or so messages talking about
> why TMS decided to stop the free direct to consumer feeds. Or you can just
> read the open letter on the labs.zap2it.com site.

I have.  We all have.  You can't log into the website without seeing it.

> "In October of 2004 we posted here an open letter saying the future of
> Zap2it Labs was at risk because of certain growing misuses of the Zap2it
> Labs data. Unfortunately this misuse has continued and grown. These misuses,
> combined with other business factors have led to the decision to discontinue
> Zap2it Labs effective September 1, 2007."

Yes, "at risk" and "misuse" is a clue, but not an answer.

> While they don't use the term "fraud", they do say it's due to "misuse"
> which I can only imagine means violating their terms of service which in
> essence is a sort of fraudulent behavior.

ok, we are just repeating terms.  Fraud, misuses, whatever the label
you stick on it, one has to assume it's a label for a situation, not
just a label.

If they were "at risk" and they claim "misuse," it would seem
reasonable to ask about the situation.  What happened specifically?
And if Zap2It couldn't handle the "misuse" and "risk," how will
schedulesdirect.org be not subject to the same problems?

That's what I'm asking.  What was misuse?  What the risk was, and how
it will be avoided now?  If it was a problem before, isn't it still a
problem now?