[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Aug 8 17:40:41 UTC 2007

At 10:44 AM -0400 8/8/07, Braindead wrote:
>When you authorize recurring charges you have effectively given them
>your credit card number to keep forever and you have authorized them
>to do so.

That's not necessarily true. While it is quite possible that Google
and PayPal do it this way (since they are very likely the card
processor), I know for a fact that it is possible to have a recurring
charge where the merchant (or other first-level contact with the
user) has no knowledge of the card number at any time. The card info
can stay entirely with the processor, not the merchant.